Monday, July 7, 2008

It's been quite sometime since I last updated. And it will be quite sometime before I next update. Why? The reason is simple. This coming Thursday, on the 10th of July, I'll lose my freedom to my country, serving the nation in what we Singaporeans know as National Service.

Am I ready? I think so.
Physically ready? Maybe.
Mentally ready? My mind ain't weak so yea.
Emotionally ready? Not too sure. See, it all boils down to my enlistment date coinciding with dear's birthday. So being the softhearted kind of girl, dear will surely cry when she sends me off to Tekong and that is never a nice sight.

Away from that, I've long quit my job at Singapore Exhibition Services(SES), straight after the CommunicAsia event, which was widely covered in most media. Enjoyed my stint in the company, bar a few moments but every job has their rough patches. I also went on a trip with my Parents and Dear to Redang, it was really great, the scenery was great, the water was clear and the sand smooth. The stars under the clear night sky are countless, as are the fishes that swim near you when you go snorkeling. Drinking coconuts and ice-blended drinks by the beachside and just relaxing is just awesome. Having Dear beside me to enjoy this just makes this holiday, the first I've had in many years, one of the best.

Alright, I believe it is time for me to start packing for the Army. Take care everybody, I'll be back in 2 weeks time. Hopefully fitter and leaner. Yeah, I'll be bald too. So see you all in 2 weeks time!

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

No comments: