Wednesday, May 9, 2007

If there was one
Just one wish
That could be granted
What would i wish for?


The past weekend proved interesting to us soccer fanatics, as it more or less concluded the EPL season with the crowning of Man Utd as the champions. It was a weekend where the color of passion, RED, beat the color of serenity, blue. When the blue half of Manchester failed to stop the red half, it was up to the blue half of London(Chelsea) to beat the Red half and pride of london(Arsenal). Sadly, for the blues, it was not to be for them. Still, kudos to both teams for making the title race this season that much more interesting than the previous 2 seasons. Unfortunately for both of them, this will be the last time they're ever going to win the title cause Arsenal gonna sweep the competition away in the following years to come. So enjoy it while it lasts suckers!

Speaking of which, I played for the Gooners Fc again last Sunday. At a public field outside Fernvale Primary School. Fernvale. Never heard of it? Its actually a LRT stop. Still doesn't ring any bells? FER-N-VA-LE! Its near Sengkang. No? Nothing comes to mind? Well I don't blame you for not knowing where this isolated place is. In fact, the next 3 LRT stops after Fernvale is not even open(Thangamm,Farmway and Cheng Lim-->wtf LRT names are these?). To me it was like a little town, all by its own seperated from Singapore with a modest population of maybe around 67. Just goes to show you that despite how small we are compared to the rest of the world, we just aren't as small as they/we think.

Its actually a great place in the evening, cooling, with not much infrastructure to speak of and little or no traffic at all. A good place to go kite flying or have a picnic under the stars or something like that. Or just to walk around the area with your other half in the night, then surprising her with a bouquet of flowers you hid at a predestined spot and feeding her chocolates under the stars. Blah blah blah, seems like its the same thing I say everytime. It has no meaning to any but one. So just ignore this last paragraph.

For the record, we won the match 2-0. I love winnning.

The appeal of school is lost, where I'm locked in my own world, drifting in and out of tutorials and lectures like a phantom, just getting through this last phase of poly life. My enthusiasm for school is at an all time low. Marks aren't important to me anymore, thanks to the abominable marking system of TEP. Even if I score all distinctions this semester, where can it bring my GPA up to? I'm looking to start a new career path actually, I think business ain't the right path for me. All along I wanted to be in Mass Communication but the closest I ever got to it was through Vanessa. After my poly life I'll most probably get into that industry though, and work my way up. After all, I know I have the talent, and I certainly have the passion for it.

Well soccer tomorrow as usual. Today Sebastian asked me why I didn't arrange any matches for my own team anymore. Wanted to tell him "cause we suck worse than Leeds Utd" but then Melvin was around so I just used him and his "permanent" ankle injury as an excuse.

Time to get some precious sleep. Haven't been sleeping well lately. I need my pills to sleep or I'll get too restless. But trying to kick the addiction is harder than expected. Mind over matter though......whether I think can or I can't, I'm right.

Its hard to take it all in. For all the time we spent together means nothing now. Its truly over.

If we become memories
Even memoires cannot contend
With the warmth from your side
So a wistful sigh unerringly welled forth
May it take flight and go so far that it reaches you

No comments: