Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Work's boring for now........

All I do is proof read science centre stuff, and by proof reading its not the checking of English but just to check if the article falls under the correct headline. Which is one hell of a boring task. Many a time I just couldn't stand it and dozed off in before the computer. Which thankfully, no supervisor saw...........I hope........

Of course the plus side to this is I learn about science. For example, the White Heads plant can be used to blacken your hair, the Wild cockscomb can stop bleeding of intestines and the Tartarian Aster can ease menstrual pain. Yes, things like these I read. But still, there's only so much of such things I can read before getting dead sleepy.......

Oh and do you know your pupils automatically enlarge when you see the person you love? That's a sure-fire way to keep me awake. Unfortunately for me then, that Mr. Chun Hong ain't my type. LOL

Well this Thursday and Friday should be better, will be heading towards Marina Square to help out with the Science Centre Exhibition which Spacelogic has organized.

I've been hunting high and low for something. Thought I'd head down to IKEA at Pasir Ris after work to see if it was there. Waited damn long for the shuttle bus. Searched the whole of IKEA but nope, its not there. Got kinda irritated with the layout of the place, the signs to the exit leading you one whole round. Thought Courts might have it. Went to search the place.......and once again came up with nothing. Tired out and sleepy from work, I thought of heading towards the bus stop to go home but thought, what the hell, lets just try Giants.

AND!!!!..........................


I still didn't find it.

Such a waste of time. Worst of all, just as I left the place and was preparing to cross the road to the bus stop, it rained. HEAVILY. If you've ever been there you'll understand the traffic light is in between the bus stop and IKEA so there was no point running back for shelter. I just had to wait for the traffic light to turn green meanwhile getting drenched completely. Just as if to rub salt into my wounds, I happened to be eating a hot dog bun at that time and it got wet as well. And when I finally got to the bus stop, lo-and-behold, the rain stopped miraculously.

My whole repertoire of swear words flashed across my mind.

Boarded the bus where the bus uncle gave me a very angry look cause I was drenched which I promptly replied back with an equally dirty look. Wasn't in the mood to stand for such nonsense.
And it bloody sucks to know that all this trouble I go through looking for it will in all probability be for nothing.......

Off to bed now, caught a damned cold. Blocked nose and the lot. Anyone want to watch Ratatoutille(spelt correctly?) with me? Seems its a good movie. I'm a sucker for movies with good reviews. But who isn't?

No comments: