Saturday, April 4, 2009

Good arse Sunday to you all. I'm doing weekend duty in the Medical Centre and as usual, there's absolutely f*ck all to do in here. And I don't mean it in a bad way, it's actually quite a relaxing way to spend your weekend. Anyway just thought I might update this blog a little. Oh and as I'm feeling in the mood, this entry will be punctuated with several profanities. Blame it on cunts in blue.

For starters I guess I'll just update a little as to what I'm doing nowadays. I've been posted to Chong Pang Medical Centre and I am a 8-5 medic there unless there's duty whereby I'll have to stay in here. Its not that bad, there's TV, internet to use, a heater for the shower, air-condition all around, a gym and swimming pool nearby and quite good food just outside the camp. The working environment ain't that bad either, of course with the exceptions of 1 or 2 assholes who spoil the environment. You're bound to meet one everywhere you go eh? Overall though, its pretty slack in here and I quite enjoy myself here so far.

Anyway I just thought I'll give my input about a certain TV advertisement showing in Singapore. You see, living in Hougang temporarily has forced me to take buses on a very regular basis, as such, watching advertisements on TV mobile has become somewhat of a norm for me.

The first advertisement I would draw you attention to is the new Vitagen advertisement starring Felicia Chin. Now I am not sure if it is only shown on TV mobile or if it shown on regular TV as well but for the uninitiated, its about people who drink Vitagen and how to spot them. In several different settings, we are shown sleepy and lifeless people going about their everyday lives. They obviously are not Vitagen drinkers. Then suddenly, Lo and Behold, we see a perky, sprightly guy who is the centre of attention and ta-da! we have found our Vitagen drinker! Looks like a pretty much normal though inexcusably lame advertisement right? That's what you would think but if you notice, just after the Vitagen drinker is found, it cuts back to Felicia Chin, dressed in a low cut dress, who is inexplicably bending down, thus showing 2 other things that are quite perky and sprightly. Certainly they were the centre of attention as well.

The question I have would be, why didn't they just cut to the aforementioned scene with Felicia and her 2 good friends instead of wasting money on the redundant scenes before that. After all, it is quite obvious that the producers or director of the advertisement was using Felicia's sex factor to sell a wholesome family product like Vitagen. There's no other way to explain why Felicia would be bending down. She wasn't even holding a Vitagen bottle for f*ck's sake!

Moral of the story? Sex sells so don't bother about trying anything else.

Next up, just something random I heard on the radio not too far back. It was a advertisement on Power 98 and they were advertising for some Army open house or roadshow or something to that effect. Apart from the usual "come join us for games and fun" and "know more about the army", what made my stomach swell with disgust to the point of collapsing into itself, was their loud proclamation of "come and let your taste buds enjoy a sampling of our sumptuous combat rations". Er....what the f*ck? The words "enjoy", "sumptuous" and "combat rations" should NEVER be used together in a sentence. Ask any army personnel what they think of combat rations and do not be surprised if "despair", "darkness", "spawn of hell" and "offspring of a mutated ostrich and madonna" crops up. Or words to that effect at least. How low can they go in trying to promote the army? To actually have combat rations as one of their highlights shows an utter lack of thinking and pure stupidity on their part. Typical I guess, of the SAF.

Away from Singapore now and into the land of silliness, Rihanna is about the marry Chris Brown, the man who attacked her. Now I'm not sure why he did such an act but seeing as how shallow and foolish and utterly talentless Rihanna is, it would not be hard pressed to find the reason.

Chris Brown: Er...honey, listen, would you mar...
Rihanna: Baby? Cause in the dark, you can't see shiny cars..
Brown: What the hell? Give me a moment baby, just listen and stop singing for awhile. I wan..
R: And that's when you need it there, with you I'll always share
B: ??? You're not making any sense hon, listen will you marry me?
R: Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other
B: So is it yes or no?
R: You can stand under my umbrella
B: WTF!?! You're pissing me off, you're not even listening. Is it YES OR NO?
R: Ella ella ella
B: *punch*
R: eh eh eh

Brown should realise his beloved Rihanna is probably deaf which is the reason for the tuneless noise she produces and markets as music to the tone deaf general population.

Its been a long post and I'm going to sleep now. The most popular pastime we medics do on weekend duty is sleep. Before that though, I'll just like to say that my dear and I are still going strong, even though we are each busy with our own stuff, me with my army slacking and her with her university mugging. We still make time for each other even though we don't have as much time to go out with each other. I know its not easy and sometimes the stress will get to us but dear, I'll still be by your side whatever comes along ok? Some strong bonds and strong feelings will just last forever.

Alrighty then, ciao for now. Till the next time I update, drink less and eat more!

She's still the queen of all I've seen
And every song and city far and near
Heaven help me mademoiselle
She plays the piano for all the world to hear

1 comment:

Jazreel; said...

HI, your blog is so stagnant that it's breeding some mosquitos... Erm,nope, it's breeding a lot of mosquitos....