Wednesday, June 20, 2007

From the midnight hour
Till the break of dawn
She watches from her tower
Even the righteous does some wrong
Ever changing like the sea
She wonders how true a love
Could ever be......

It threatened to rain last night........

The smell of impending rain so refreshing and nostalgic. Magically simple and so pleasant. To me at least. The strong breeze, stronger than usual blowing in my face, but gentle enough to not sting my eyes and the way the trees ruffled in the wind....... relaxing and comforting to this casual observer taking a slow walk alone in the night. Yet somehow, I felt there was something in that scene which was missing. Maybe it was the lack of that special someone whom I could share this scene with. Maybe it was because this tired body of mine needed rest and clouded my enjoyment. Or it could just be that I was thinking about the things I had to do afterwards, the projects and assignments I had to complete. Maybe it was the combination of these 3 factors. Whatever it is, the reality of it all boils down to the fact that we can never be truly free to enjoy the simple things in life. We are caught up with the problems of everyday life, studies and work, conditioned and pressured by all to do something "productive" in every of our waking hour. What happened to the kid in us all? The innocent child knowing nothing but to have as much fun as possible without a care about the future. It is undoubtedly true we all need to study or work in order to have a decent living, that problems are part and parcel of everything.

Just for a minute though, wouldn't it be nice to forget all of it in order to truly appreciate every single thing and person you love?

Anyway I had my "year 1 reunion" class chalet on Monday. Well, not much of a real reunion actually, only around 1/3 of the class turned up. All of my year 1 clique, with the exception of Wan Yi turned up, and fukin' hell, do I miss those arsewipes. All the way from the poon-dehness of Sean Poon to the ULTRA(and I can't stress this enough)-randomness of Khairul. All of them totally just made the chalet a success. It ain't the number of people who turns up, if the food is good or if the chalet itself is nice that makes a chalet successful. What truly matters is if everyone had a good time. That is something which in itself cannot be priced.

And I'm quite sure as hell we all enjoyed the chalet. Of course, I had an added factor which nobody else had that made this chalet all the more enjoyable. Unsurpassed happiness at a mental image captured in my mind. A clue: It has something to do with the preparation of the chalet. Another clue: Ask Darius! ;)

This part is something random: I should have been angry today. In fact, I should have been absolutely fuming. Presented with the facts of the scenario which I encountered, anybody would have been furious. Somehow, I just took it in my stride, like this was the most normal thing in the world. Why? I don't really know myself.

Well I'm off to sleep, soccer tomorrow at nyp as usual, hopefully there'll be a good turnout. I leave you with 2 songs from another one of my favorite bands, Oasis. I used to have a good collection of their songs in my desktop before my dear mum reformatted the computer and I lost it all. That was quite some time ago and having lost the ability to download songs, I had no choice but to live with the few Oasis songs which luckily was in my Mp3 and thus not deleted. Hearing their music again during the chalet courtesy of Darius got me hooked again.

The first song is "Songbird"...... a very short song (clocking in at 2:07), a simple song but still excellent.



The second song is Supersonic. Its much faster paced and the lyrics don't make sense at all but I like it all the same. Well, Enjoy!

3 comments:

MSC Marketing Team said...

why emo my dear son? - boon keng

Ahmad Dinie Farid said...

whats the story morning glory? yeaaaaaaaa

MSC Marketing Team said...

ahmad dinie sexy beast!