Sunday, June 10, 2007

"Play to the referee's whistle". That's soccer's golden rule and every soccer player knows that....after all the ref controls the game so it would be wise to follow his decisions. There's no point in arguing with a referee once he has made a decision, he just won't change it no matter what you do, so why bother? Well anyway, I played a game for the Gooners yesterday and the opposition we played with didn't observe that rule. In fact, the game was almost abandoned due to their pig-headedness. I mean, the referee is only one man, there are no linesman to help him out, obviously he's going to miss some fouls and infringements here and there. But if he doesn't spot it then its no point stopping the game just to make a point to him is there? Its not as if he's going to pity you and change his mind. Funny thing was, one player from the opposition got sent off(btw, its the first time I played a game where a red card was shown) because he argued with a referee after HIS TEAM SCORED. Dumbass. Sure, he may have misunderstood what the referee meant when the ref blew to whistle for the goal(thinking the ref disallowed it), but once the ref told him he actually gave them the goal, that arsewipe still wasn't happy about it and argued till he got sent off. Stupidity personified. But I guess its expected from them. After all, those cunts support Chelsea.

For the record, we won 3-1. The Gooners unbeaten streak continues.

Anyway I just got back from work at Labrador Park helping out with Ben and Daniel at a company's family day. The company we work with organizes events such as these for other companies. Its just a one day event and I did something like this for them a few weeks back at the Singapore Science Centre for a different company. The last time was super slack; I was just sitting around watching performances and handing out drinks to the staff redeeming it. This time however, was a completely different story. Initially yes, it was plain sailing and I was put in charge of drinks again. But then the barbecue section needed extra hands and in the end I spent a large part of my afternoon barbecuing food like Chicken wings, satay, otah, stingray and corn with Ben and Daniel. It was freaking hot, the fire from the BBQ warmed the whole place up and even though there was strong sea breeze at one point, it just served to blow hot air into our faces. Tired, dirty and hot(literally and "a-hem" figuratively;D) after the event had ended, we still had to clear up before finally getting the green light to go back. Would I still go and work for them again though? Hell yeah!

Finally, the 2 weeks term break is here, bring much relief to many including myself. For the past 2-3 weeks or so, it has been projects and ICAs so its good to get some time off. Working out, reading (something I haven't been doing), a yr 1 class chalet and a 3 days trip to Malaysia with my poly mates are part of my agenda for these 2 weeks. Erm, yeah, and projects too. But that'll be done without much pressure which would make it so much more enjoyabe to do. And I feel so abnormal writing that last line.

I took a test to see what anime character I was. Apparently I am........















76% Sesshomahru. You keep mostly to yourself and do not like large crowds, preferring 2 or 3 close friends at any one time. You display a tough and cold exterior but beneath that exterior lies a gentle side in you. You have absolute confidence in yourself and your abilities. As a result, you always try to do things alone and seldom ask for help. You are very goal oriented and will try to achieve your goals whatever the means. You live life at your own pace and expects the world to conform to your pace too. You do not display too much affection in love, preferring to do the little things rather than be extravagant to let someone know you care for them.

Hmm.........true to a certain extent I guess.

I think I'm gonna stop here for now. Actually I do have many things I want to write out, but I'm just too tired to write my opinions now. Maybe in the next post. Its time for sleep now.........
But I'll leave you with a cool ballad from one of my favorite power metal bands Hammerfall. The song name is "Always will be". I love their power songs though.

No comments: