Friday, June 1, 2007

Many times I've been a traveller
I looked for something new
In days of old when nights were cold
I wondered about you........

This week passed by just like that. With several projects to be completed, several written ICAs coming up, its hard to find time for some rest and relaxation. International Business, Retail, Customer Relations, Personal Selling & Negotiations skills and Human Resource projects all to be handed up soon. Done CRM & HR already, my part for IB is done so there's just the other 2 modules' project to complete. Not bad for 3 days work, but it could still be better. Honestly though, I'm thankful my tutor for IB won't be around next week so our presentation will be moved to AFTER the holidays. Not looking forward to retail ICA though. Knowing Brenda Lim, she'll most probably come up with some funny stunt or mark very strictly for that ICA, adding stress on us. Her tutorials are known for her grilling the students who go up to present answers for the tutorials. So no doubt that she'll be very stringent with her marks and grade us down for any little mistake we make.

Anyhow, tomorrow's gonna be another soocer game for me with the Gooners. Its been quite some time since I've played a match. It'll be a good chance for me to destress and let out all of any stress and frustration onto the soccer field.......in a good way of course, by running my socks off and injecting some determination into my game. Hahaha after all I don't play to break legs......right Paul ;)? Oh, and guess where the game is held? At my all-time favourite location, the superbly easily accessible, well facilitated.........FERNVALE! Never thought I would ever go back there to play but life's just like that eh? Luckily all their games are evening 5pm games, imagine if the match being held at that shit location in the morning........Of course for people like Darius the place is very convenient, so bro, do come down and support me man! Well I know you're busy so most probably you can't but you can just send a representative....... maybe, you know, like your dear sis? Hahaha just kidding la......

Or am I?

Lol ok anyway enough crap, I'm just going a bit crazy from doing projects which are just about as engaging as Elton John's ass. Interestingly enough there's going to be a elton john 60 years old birthday bash being shown on I forgot what channel. His music ain't too bad, not my cup of tea but still one can sense the quality in the songs. Beats a hell lot of modern musicians at least. Myself, I prefer what us youngsters call the "oldies".....not just any oldies though, but rock songs with real class. Songs like "Stairway to heaven", "Hotel California", "Sweet Child O' mine" and bands like Scorpion, GNR, Led Zepplin, Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden etc. I don't know why, but I just can't appreciate modern music, where they focus a lot on technology instead of just pure rock. Poon asked me to listen to Linkin Park but wasn't that impressed after hearing one of their latest songs on MTV. I'm not sure whats missing, maybe the energy which drove these musicians are missing nowadays. Modern artistes cater to the majority as thats is going to be what brings in the cash, whereas in the past, artistes made music to what suited them, regardless whether it be well recieved by the mainstream. Thats what defined that era of rock/metal. That's what I love about the genre of music.

And on that note, I'm gonna leave you with another GNR classic....."November Rain". Its a pretty long song, clocking in at 9minutes 12 seconds but hell its nice. This song will appeal to people who prefer the softer sounds of the piano(played by the brilliant Axl) but it hasn't lost its rock appeal. In fact, this song's guitar Solo is ranked no. 6 in the world's top 100 guitar solos of all time. This is really is no surprise especially when you listen to the last part. Nothing less from Slash!

Listen to the lyrics carefully too......its melancholically and poignantly beautiful......Enjoy!


Don't you think that you need somebody
Don't you think that you need someone
Everybody needs somebody.....................

No comments: