Thursday, March 8, 2007

"Come home with your shield or ON it!"

I've took it farther on the outside
I've took it nearly to the brink
And if you've seen me on the outside
You would have barely seen me breathe

I haven't blogged in some time. CNY is already over. I think I kind of made money during the gambling sessions. I LEARNT MAHJONG! Finally, I can play with my grandma mahjong. I worked for $7 ph for opening a door at Suntec, Arsenal crashed out of all cup competitions and are facing a trophy-less season, I am getting lazier and well, other than that, everything is still normal.

Just a quick update on what's been happening here in EMRS. Ms. Soh gave us the task of preparing for a external roadshow, so we had to do telemarketing, research, sourcing for suppliers etc. And after all that, guess what she told us today? MSC would be conducting their big stock counting from March 16-March 30 so we can't do that external roadshow. But it is without a doubt in my mind that right from the start, she knew we would not be doing the external roadshow and she just wanted us to give us something to do. I mean, its quite hard to forget or ignore a such a major event like the MSC stock counting and she must have known from very early on when this was going to be held.

So now we have to help them build up a good database of suppliers and this time i've been grouped with ben in charge of healthcare. Easy.

Oh well, anyway, it just gives us more time to slack............

Went to watch the movie 300 today. Went "illegally" during TEP hours. Actual plan was to catch the 1130 movie at Northpoint but cause of some delays during the meeting we left NYP only at 1130 and arrived 10 min after the movie had started, despite cabbing down. Slacked around at Northpoint, playing some arcade games before catching the movie.

Now, for my very own movie review. First of all, for those who don't know what 300 is about, its set in ancient times, when Persia was a huge empire who went around conquering lands. So when they decide to try and take over the Sparta(a part of greece), the Spartan king decides to defend against their massive force with a mere legion of 300 of his best troops. By doing this, he is going against the Spartan law as the consul of sparta does not agree with his decision. That is why he has only 300 men instead of the full force of the spartan army. So basically this movie is about how they try to defend their country in a narrow valley which leads to their country. Meanwhile, the queen of sparta has to battle corruption in the consul while trying to convince them to send their full army to aid he husband, the king, in battle.

The plot of the story ain't too bad, its actually a true historical event which was illustrated into a comic which was then adapted into this movie. The fight scenes concentrated on mainly the CGI effects, slow mo-fast mo kind of action. This kind of action scenes are nice but too much of it and it gets slightly tiresome after a while. I prefer those fast paced sword fighting which gets your heart thumping like LOTR. So ya, overall i'll give it 4 stars out of 5, for everything else in that movie is quite good.

Anyway, I've been ranting about in my past few posts in my old blog but I'm still going to rant about it here. THE MARKING SYSTEM OF TEP IS SCREWED UP! So don't beat yourself up too much, cause thats the way TEP works, with the supervisors more biased towards some students and more biased against others. Sucks to know that we're paying school fees for this shit though. It ain't much but I hope the chocolates cheered you up somewhat......

Anyway will end here now........

And if I meet you out tonight
Will you be loving me forever
It's always over after the night
It's always colder after the night
I broke through the ice
She won't be coming to me ever
It's been a year and a night

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Noah, gig on 24th at DXO. Let's go!

Unknown said...

omg y tis format sux !!!!!!! wheres the tag board !!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGG