Friday, March 30, 2007

So long
I've been looking too hard,
I've been waiting too long
Sometimes I don't know what I will find
I only know it's a matter of time

So after a long while I update. Lots of things have happened between the last post and this post. I can't remember all of it and frankly even if I did remember, I'll be too lazy to write it all down.

This past Wednesday marked the end of EMRS and TEP for me. I'm still critical of TEP, I'm still critical of the grading system of TEP and I'm still not in favour of TEP. But what I can't deny, is that during TEP, you make a hell lot of new friends. People you casually knew or didn't even know existed before would become your friend. Moral of the story, boredom brings restless young people like us together. Team 2 and Team 3 is a group by itself, working and having fun together(more of the latter). It was a super fun having you all as teamates and getting to know you all better as friends. So cheers to all, Alex, Ben, Denyse, Ee Wen, Jasmine, Jean, Jun Wen, Li Qin, Pamela, Xue Li and lastly, Wen Hui. Not forgetting the DBI students who were with us for quite some time, Ian, Soon Poh and Qi Qi. As well as "ban luck" leader Shaun and the other people from the rest of the teams. Playing Ping-pong, badminton, monopoly, "ban-luck", the recent new game "texas poker", the old school computer game PUZZLE FIGHTER as well as a whole lot of new stuff we invented to cure our boredom. I look forward to next week's EMRS chalet.

Anyway, at the last day of EMRS, we all had an interesting discussion on the supernatural, the paranormal and to put it in a nutshell, ghostly happenings. Interesting stuff, apparently almost everybody believes in these kind of stuff. Found out about some burnt down house very near Cineleisure which I never knew about. Supposed to be haunted and according to Alex who went there before, there were some, unatural going ons. So me being the sceptic that I am, decided to go check it out on that very day. Met up with Zainal, Jen, Daryl, David and Pussy Ho Teng Fung after dinner with my EMRS mates and brought them to the house. First time we went there, Melvin as well as both Jen and Daryl(my cousin, can you believe it), chickened out and David didn't want to go explore the house with an odd number of people. So we abandoned the plan and went to wait for Jason Lee Pin Pin to finish his work so that we could hang out for awhile at Starbucks. Now, despite the weird name Pin Pin, Jason was damn curious to see and explore the house also. So off we went, once again, to check out the burnt down house. Admittedly, the place looks kind of spooky, its really dark with no lightning and you have to walk a very ulu trail before reaching the place. The house was really in a terrible state, went inside and had to be careful not to fall through and holes in the flooring. Unfortunately(or fortunately), there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Whole experience was quite normal, akin to checking out some piece of history of Singapore. We couldn't find the tombstones that were supposed to be behind the house though. Wonder where it was.........anyway did some research on the net and......
http://www.spi.com.sg/haunted/haunted_houses/soong_sis_houses.htm
Thats the house we visited. Lol, have a good read.

Now I for one do not believe in such things as ghosts. However, I do believe in Demons and the Devil Satan, and because I was brought up in a Christian household, I also have a reasoning for all these "ghosts". I think its actually the Devil playing on your fears and Satan using your fear as a tool against you. Now what I say may not sit well with some of you, but hell, these are my beliefs. So ya, now you know why I am such a sceptic of things like ghosts. Oh yeah, of course black magic I believe in. If you invite demons into your life by playing with things like Ouija boards or praticing black magic, then yeah, you're bloody asking for it.

Anyway, its a nice 1 month holiday for me now. What shall I do? Should I look for a part time job to earn some cash? Maybe I should just stay at home and grow lots of fats. Maybe even turn into a full time geek playing Dota everyday and calling people online noobs. Lol, actually my plan would be to turn into a fit machine by the end of the holidays. After playing a soccer match last Sunday, I realised that I'm no longer as fit as I once was. I used to be able to run up and down the field without any problems but lately, due to TEP, where eating and sitting around doing no physical exercise is second nature to you, I have turned into quite a bit of a Peter Griffin/Homer Simpson/Ahmad "Pepe" Farid. So to correct this, I am going to work out like never before. Hopefully you'll see a much fitter me when the semester starts. In fact, I wanted to shave my head so that it would have been cooler to exercise but various people advised me against it. Final word came from Vanessa though, who almost choked on her roti prata and started laughing uncontrallably when I told her about my plans to shave my head. Not surprisingly, she didn't want me to do it, seeing as how I'll be going to have to shave my head when I go into the army in a year or so.

Me: I'm not good looking, not handsome, not athletic, my studies aren't that good, I'm not rich, I'm not charming, I'm arrogant, impulsive and still care a lot for another girl. Overall, I'm way below the standards of th manye guys who are chasing you. So what exactly do you see in me?

You: I see you.

Your 3 simple words. Such an unexpected answer. But I understand what you mean.......
You're a sweet sweet girl.


Ok, that about concludes this rather lengthy post. Will update after the EMRS chalet......

Maybe I'm wrong
Won't you tell me if I'm taking too long
This heart of mine has been hurt before
This time I wanna be sure........

No comments: