Friday, November 2, 2007

After today its just gonna be 1 more week of IPP.

1 more WEEK! 5 more DAYS!(but if you minus the holiday Ashley Gomes celebrates on Thursday then its 4 more days)

Then its back to school again. No more travelling all the way to Kallang everyday. No more checking, proofreading, counting words etc. to do. But of course, the downside of it is no more pay either. But hey, seeing as how stringent I am with my money and I have no girlfriend nor commitments to spend on, I think I'll survive quite comfortably.

Speaking of stringent with money, I just spent $34 to get myself something. YES, finally after nearly 6 months of needing a new one, I have bought myself........a new bag! I think many of you have seen the condition of my old black bag, and MANY of you have asked me to get a new one for the love of mankind and all that is good and pure. And so I did. But only after having the security of another pay check being banked in did I concede and spend. Nonetheless, for the benefit of those who has not seen the condition of my old bag, I'll post a pic up soon, as a memorial for the length(since Primary 3) the bag has served me.

Still on the subject of being stringent with money, I recall a scenario in the bus around 5 weeks ago when Ben, Chun Hong and myself were on the way to Toa Payoh.

Ben: Don't take the offer with the Mp3. The Mp3 not good.
Me: Huh? Why isn't it good? Is the quality lousy?
Ben: No, not that. The Mp3 only 512mb!!! Now everyone all got 1GB+ Ipod or Mp3, this one only 512mb, so lousy!
Me: But...........my current Mp3 only 256mb leh
Ben: -.-.......

Showing once again, that I am most unwilling to part with cash to spend on myself. I think I inherited this trait from my dad. But like him, we love both love to spend on food. And myself, I tend to exceed my budget when buying gift for my loved ones, be it my parents or a girl I like. That is why I actually spend a little more freely now. Cause, after giving money to my parents and grandparents, I don't have anyone else to spend on. Hahaha, sometimes being single rocks. I'm quite sure my wallet and bank account agrees.

Anyway soon it'll be the last semester. I don't know if I want it to end quick or if I want it to go slow. What do you want? I know I hate the school but don't hate the students(or some of them anyway). I have realised that its not the age that defines us, but what we do that makes us who we are. We can be 20, 21, 18 or 34, yet after we leave the comfort of being students attending lectures and just worrying about studies, we will have to become adults. Whether we like it or not. We have to worry about the economy, about current events and affairs, about where the next pay cheque is going to come from etc. Its not the same transition as it was from Primary School to Secondary School nor Secondary School to the Polytechnic/JC/ITE/repeat O levels and fail again. This is different. The question is: Are you ready for it? Am I ready for it?

Anyway, I'm sure most of you would have read about the case of 3 caucasian bastards who took a trishaw ride from a old uncle, lauged and mocked his struggles to cycle all 3 of their fat asses, and then at the end of it, refused to pay the fare, while still laughing at him. Arrogant bastards. You know what I suggest should be their punishment? Forcing each of them to individually cycle a trishaw up Bukit Timah Hill, with Sean Poon, Ahmad and Edmund Ho Teng Sung(ah) as passengers. To make it even better, get edmund to jump up and down the trishaw so as to cause tremors which will result in a landslide. While the 3 bloody caucasians die slowly of hunger and thirst underneath the soil, Poon, Ahmad and Edmund will have no problems surviving cause they have lots of reserves. By the time the rescue team comes, the caucasian bastards would have died while Poon, Ahmad and Edmund would become slimmer. That way, everybody wins.

That of course, is wishful thinking. We all know nobody wins. Nobody deserving anyway.

Right, so its almost gonna be 6pm and time to knock off. I've been playing around with Facebook and watching the old episodes of X men(the cartoon) on youtube to pass my time in the office. The latter especially brings back so many memories. Its not the X men evolution crap but the original cartoon. Super cool to see Gambit, Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Apocalypse, Cyclops etc. once again. The puns in the show are surprisingly quite good, and though the animation leaves a lot to be desired, its still entertaining. Very very entertaining. Much more entertaining than the shite Television programmes we get nowadays on Channel 5 etc.

There's a whole lot I would like talk about shite TV programmes(especially My Sassy Neighbour *shudder*) but its almost 6 now and I've gotta prepare to go home. So on that note, ta-ta and have yourself a very good and entertaining weekend. Oh and here's to a entertaining game between 2 top teams Arsenal and Man Utd on Saturday. And here's hoping for a convincing victory for the Arsenal. COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!


you choose to cast no shadow toward me

No comments: