Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Halfway there......5.5 weeks done, 5.5 more weeks to go.

Still a long way to go though. But for now, I'm just gonna sit back and give myself a pat on the back for making it past the halfway mark without having gone stark raving mad. Because I would start running around Orchard Road naked with just a picture of Fidel Castro covering up my privates while shouting "north south line" in Japanese over and over again if I were mad. And it would not be a pretty sight. At all.

So we all should be thankful that 5.5 weeks have passed already. The countdown to school (I can't believe I'm typing this out) begins.

Alright then, so we're done with self-congratulatory reason number 1. Now on to self-congratulatory reason number 2. Finally, after so fukin' long, with the weather and circumstances sometimes getting in the way, I actually managed to get my lazy but sexy butt over to the Kallang Gym yesterday. Went there with Poon who is IPP-ing at the Singapore Sports Council nearby. Complicated looking equipment, muscular men(and women) working out, and my growing tummy all served to make me feel slightly apprehensive at going into the gym at first. You know the feeling, where you just feel like you don't fit in here at all. I'm not expecting the whole room to break into song and dance to welcome me but well, as compared with the Grassroots gym which I usually use, it lacked the warm, private and comfortable kind of atmosphere.

So feeling a little uncertain, I stepped into the gym.

Following conversation ensues. Note the words in brackets are what I'm thinking at that time.

Me: Hi we want to use the gym.
Gym counter guy gives me a slightly bewildered look
Gym counter guy: How old are you? Are you 18 yet?.
Me: Yes I'm 18
Gym counter guy: under 18 or over 18?
(goddamnit isn't that question the same as your first?)
Me: Over 18
Gym counter guy: You sure?
(hmm, now that you mention it, I'm actually not quite sure. I could be 16 this year you know. Hold on a minute, I better check my IC, call my parents and visit KK hospital to get the birth records.)
Me: Yes I'm sure
Poon: -_-

Somewhere deep down in my soul, I think I died a little during the course of this 30 seconds conversation.

If you notice, all his questions apart from the 1st don't make much sense. Not even going to touch on the issue of how old(or young) I look. Well when he was finally convinced I was a 18 year old man and not some 15year old snot snivelling teen, he let us in. Thanks to Poon's SSC pass, he let us in for free. The gym itself was quite huge. As noted earlier, they do not pay much attention to the atmosphere so all one can see is metal, metal, and bulging human muscles. One guy was so muscular and big I believe he could have took my head and crushed it with one hand, and then eat my brains for grade A nutrition.

No such horrifying incidences occurred however, and we proceeded to start working out. After so long of not stretching those muscles, it got pretty straining on me after awhile. Overall though, it was a good workout. We've identified the equipment we need to use in order to get us to pass the dreaded NAPFA coming soon. So yeah, should be hitting the gym more often now.

Alright its a pretty long entry already so I'll just leave it as such. Was actually planning to write about the wonderfully delicious dinner at Old Airport Road(Hokkien Mee and durian puffs for the fukin' win) but we'll save that for another time shall we. Oh yes, dinner at Old Airport Road will be something I'll be looking out for now, so you can bet your ass I'll be going there again. Everything looks incredibly good and I'm just spoilt for choice. There, I'm rambling on.......and I'm starting to get hungry just writing about it.

Ok I'm outta here. Work has almost ended so ciao people!

No comments: