Monday, October 29, 2007

Its almost time.....

The past weekend was spent working at escape theme park as a mingler/scarer. Since halloween is coming soon, escape had halloween as its theme this past weekend and thanks to Ping Shen, Ben, Joe and myself got a temporary job there. Our job was simple. Very simple in fact. Dress like a zombie(face make-up, torn clothes etc.), then walk around scaring/amusing/taking pictures with the crowd. 2 times a night we'll have a parade where we walk from escape to the D'marquee. Most of the time though, we can sit around in the changing room, going out only 15minutes before the parade begins to mingle with the crowd. Its really easy money and its kinda fun.

I'm too tired today to really elaborate on it so i'll just write what I felt was the "highlight" of each of the 3 days. Actually its mostly about girls. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a flirt. I'm just a guy.

1st day was tiring cause we came straight from work, we were late, it was rushed and we kinda pressured. But anyways, 1st day was quite quiet. Not much crowd, but there was this group of cosplayers who turned up. Mostly girls, and I think they thought we were cosplaying too, cause they were quite impressed with our make up etc, so they started talking to us. There was this girl however, who wore a girl devil costume(?) who seemed to be very interested in talking to me. I mean she literally ran after me just say hello and introduce herself and tell me in the process she was dressed as a character who seduced men. Whether there was a hidden message behind that I'll rather not know, but if there was, then too bad for her. She was quite pretty(and dressed sexily too!) actually, but just that I'm going to close all other paths this time except for the path I want. Its a big gamble but I've always been a gambler who loves the thrill of uncertainty and risk.

Well, for the record, she seemed to follow me around after that, and managed to come and say hello to me 5 more times.

2nd day though more crowded than the first, was easier for us, as we had experience and this time we did not need to go to people and scare them, they would come to us. Well, the only thing for this 2nd day was this drop-dead stunningly gorgeous japanese girl whom took a picture with me ben and joe. Fukin' hell......thats all I can say. Fukin' hell........

3rd day was pretty much like the 2nd day, only that it rained before hand and things were pretty much more slack. Hmm, actually the highlight of this day was the Chinese Palmistry and Indian Fortune Telling booth which we visited. Since we're staff, we got to use the service for free. Well, I don't believe in such things at all but it was fun to hear it nonetheless. Anyway here are the results:

For the chinese palmistry, she said I had unique palm lines, a double lifeline, meaning that I wasn't supposed to be born but I survived(aren't you all glad) and this shows that I have a strong soul/character. She also said that there will people who try to backstab or make me their enemy but I'll survive their attacks cause I'm just too fucking mint. Oh and I must try to marry around 30, and that I'm super stingy with my money.

For the indian fortune telling, the indian guy had a small and cute parrot who would pick a card out once he said our name and he'll tell our fortune from the card. He basically said that I'll be successful and that I'll succeed all by myself without anyone's help. He also said that I'll have enemies(wow I'm a figure of hatred huh?) but I need not worry about them cause they'll eventually destroy themselves without me doing anything. So anyone want to be my enemy now? Oh and he said that a female will give me money soon. Yeah, I know that's true. 2 more days the female accountant in my company will pass me the cheque for pay day!

Now, I don't believe in all these but I feel that we can use them for motivational purposes. Why not believe the positive? That'll motivate you won't it? Hahaha and they're also like warning signs. For example, the palmistry woman told joe to be careful of traffic cause the lines show he is susceptible to road accidents. Yeah, good advice ain't it? Be careful on the road. For ben, she told him his health won't be so good in the future so he must work out more. Wow, isn't that just the perfect inspiration for him to start excercising now and get into shape? So yeah, these things might not be true, but if you choose to take the positive things they say and use it to your advantage then everyone's happier.

Well then I'll end here, I'm so tired my eyes are barely open(and I still have 4 hours of work). So if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go sleep at the 5th floor staircase of the building now.

No comments: