Wednesday, December 19, 2007

As I sit here waiting for Windows Live Messenger to finish reinstalling, I start cursing the people who created computer viruses for no other reason than to irritate and vex innocent users of the Internet. I'm not quite sure how the hell this virus came about, though I think it stemmed from a careless accepting of a file on msn from I forgot who. Ok main point though, is that computer viruses are real pain in the asses and the people who spend time from their sorry lives creating them ought to be kidnapped and forced to watch repeat episodes of "My Sassy Neighbour".

Now I'm not slagging off people who actually enjoy the show "My Sassy Neighbour"(MSN), just that to watch it over and over again is a bit too much don't you think? Let me see, hmm......why does this scenario sound so very familiar? Oh right, TV mobile is doing precisely that to us! You know, whenever you take a bus with TV mobile on it, there's a very high chance that there will be an episode of MSN showing, and chances are it the episode where there is a case of vandalism by 3 young girls, around the age of 8-11. Then they'll frame and bully boys in the neighbourhood, extort them for money, and eventually they'll get caught by a TV crew who was lying in wait for them all along and had quite obviously nothing better to do.

Of course Patricia Mok will play a part in devising the plan to catch the 3 girls who have barely reached puberty, enlisting the help of several other neighbours and a whole TV crew as part of her grand masterplan. Man, those adults are real enthusiastic about stopping these atrocities. Just look at the amount of effort needed just to catch them in the act and stop them from drawing some cartoons on the wall.

Okay, I know I'm being slightly harsh here but gosh, when you've had to endure countless times of watching the same rubbish over and over again such that you'll even know what they're going to say next, you'll be as sore as me over this matter. I think its worse for me since I'm used to good comedies, like Friends, Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond, Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Whose Line is it anyway and even Family Guy. All of which, are either not shown on channel 5 or shown very late. What do we get nowadays instead? My Sassy Neighbour, Maggi and Me, the Noose, 80s rewind etc. What the hell happened to the quality of scriptwriters in Singapore? Where classics such as Under one roof and to a certain extent Phua Chu Kang had quality scripts and quality jokes. What we get on TV nowadays are total rubbish, where even watching repeats of Mr. Bean is funnier than our comedies. There's just no spice anymore, no tongue-in-cheek humor, no well thought out jokes or scenarios. What we get are comedies with actors and actresses being made to look weird and using "funny" names. That's their main selling point. Honestly. Just look at the comedies I have singled out as being horrible. *Cringe*

Anyway, on to other things now. Won a soccer match on Sunday 2-0, in a game which we were clearly supposed to be the underdogs. The opposition was made up of veterans, several of whom were ex-national players and that team plays regularly too. Yes, you might argue they're old already, but my team is also generally a old team too. We only have 5-6 young players and out of those 5-6, only 3 has relatively regular match experience. In short, we were expected to lose the game, but we came up on top. The world of football is so unpredictable and exciting. I rarely lose my calm demeanour but when playing or watching football, I become a entirely different and crazy person. You won't EVER see me in that state, unless you watch soccer with me, or go to the Arsenal Club, where I'll literally jump up and down and boogey all around whenever Arsenal scores(something which happens regularly).

Its been a pretty long post already, its a cold Thursday, I woke up prematurely early for project meeting and I'm quite sleepy. So what does this add up to? We're near the end of this blog post. Of course, we all know I'll add something on even though I have said I'm done with the post. That's my style.

You know how certain factors can affect certain things and feelings? Was in Starbucks with Wan and Ahmad yesterday, when Wan decided that the counter girl was pretty cute, chubby but cute and I forced him to go up to her and get her number. He did and was successful though you have no idea how much effort I had to spend in persuading him to go through with it, while that blob of greentea-raspberry drinker Ahmad sat around and did nothing much to help in convincing. But that's not exactly the main point. What is important was the conversation preceding that. How we got to that topic I ain't sure, but it was a good insightful conversation. That topic made me realise that there were things that had to be clarified, things I needed to answer, not to them but to myself. I couldn't bring myself to directly say what it was to them so using my, a-hem, superb grasp of the English Language, I managed to manoeuvre and handle the topic delicately without anyone suspecting anything(I think). Of course now when that greentea-raspberry drinking blob reads this, he'll understand. Anyway, its funny how things work. Certain factors can affect certain things and feelings. If you don't really understand the whole of the last paragraph, then good, just keep it that way. Ignore it completely.

Righto, off for a nap now. And may Arsenal kick Sp*rs arse badly this Saturday. Very very badly. In that vein of thought, I'll embed the following video I first saw on Shawn's blog, which I found was pretty good. Especially if you're a diehard Arsenal fan or Tottenham Hater. Enjoy and have a good weekend people!




I fell through the ice
Without a warning or a reason
It's a treason
With no answer

2 comments:

MSC Marketing Team said...

u need to learn proper paragraphing!!

Ahmad Dinie Farid said...

There's no raspberry you twat.