Monday, September 24, 2007

Sat was my Grandma's birthday. Nobody in our immediate family missed it. With Grandma's deteriorating health, we all must be prepared for any eventuality. Nope, I'm not cursing her and there's no need to touch wood. But fact of the matter is, cancer, coupled with old age and a few other sicknesses which comes with old age, leaves us having to face up to the reality that she may not have much time left in this world. It was mighty fine for Grandma, I'm sure, to see all who was important to her(which number around 30+) in one room celebrating her birthday. From her kids, to her grandkids to her great grandkids, all of us were there, and my dad said she appeared close to tears at one point.

Heh, interesting thing to note though, when I first came she didn't recognize me..........this despite the fact that I just visited her a week before. Either her memory is getting worse or I'm getting better fukin looking than I already am as the days go by. Personally, I think its pretty much a case of the latter.

Sunday was a hot day. Yup, a very very hot day.....in the afternoon that is. The morning was kinda rainy and wet. It was like the sun overslept for work, went "shit I'm gonna get fired by god for this" so decided to work doubly hard during the afternoon to make up for the lost time in the morning.

Not very good for me now, cause I had a soccer match that afternoon. My fitness level, is at a all time low. I don't work out, I don't jog, I don't play as much soccer as I used to and I eat heavily cause really, that's one of the few things that can get you outta the depressing mood of TEP. Compound that with a filling dinner the previous night along with sleeping late and I effectively had the fitness of a hibernating bear. Didn't have a good game individually, we lost the game 3-1, a kinda respectable scoreline seeing as how we had several decent chances to score. Oh, and I forgot to mention this is my dad's team, with lots of old men and a few young ones like myself to do the running. Played at the Singapore Sports School (home of NK during the weekdays) where the turf was some sort of astro turf or something. Not used to that turf though, good as it might sound. Oh well, we put up a reasonably decent account of ourselves and that's what matters.

Wait a minute......nope it doesn't. Only the final score counts. That's the only thing that matters, be it in soccer or anything else.........or is it?

I can't wait for this week to end. Not only will it signal another week of IPP gone but it'll also mean its PAYDAY!!!! Yes, finally, after 2 hellish months of overspending on things which now looking back on really had no point and having to scrimp, save and skip a meal per day in order to, well, get at least 1 decent meal. Part of my stress/depression/emo or whatever you people want to call it is due partially to this shit called finance. Is it not a worrying to see the cash in your wallet and bank account slowly dwindle, and having to borrow cash from my dad, something which I really hate to do. Not that it has got anything to with my dad, its just that I generally hate borrowing money. Hah, and to think I thought these days were over. Really though, I'll have to start asking poon to kick me in the guts everytime I spend on pointless things.

Alright, almost done with this post.

In general, it kinda sucks bad to be chasing someone who
a)has no interest in you AT ALL and views you as at best, a friend
or
b)has an interest in another guy who is evidently chasing her too.

One is bad enough(I can testify to that), but when its both, then it opens up a whole new level of shit. Shit bad enough to make you want to smoke pot under a bridge all day while begging for loose change from looser women so that you can buy more pot to smoke. The poor bloke loses confidence, gets snappy at little things and is generally a bulltwat to society.

Can't blame that bloke though. He might have thought "hey, I might actually have a chance here now innit? We kinda click well together, there's plenty to talk about to each other so there's no reason why it can't work now. D'you knowhat I mean? " Then when reality decided to pay the bloke a cheery visit while singing "hello, hello, I say its good to be back", those thoughts and dreams comes crashing down. That poor guy will generally start feeling like turd which even pigs won't go near and his face will turn a boogerish kind of yellow and he'll start to want to smoke pot and etc (see above). Not the best feeling in the world you might agree.

Ok I tried my best to not make the last few parts sound so serious.

If it still sounds very serious though, you can probably attribute it to my craving to smoke a hell lot of pot right now.

I know you know.......

G'night all \/



You look so tired
Rest well girl

No comments: