Sunday, September 9, 2007

This week was a tough week.

Yep, IPP work was really mundane and boring. Proof reading Malay and Japanese words by comparing them with the correct content can really suck the energy out of your life somehow. Sitting there like a stone, waiting for the clock to tick down, staring at the computer screen and at words words words. Words I don't even understand. Words which if tilted at a certain angle and with some imagination can look like Chewbacca's left butt cheek.

I'm so bloody bored aren't I........

I complain so much about working but instead of resting during the weekends, I worked part time at this event called "Shape Run 07", a 5km/10km running marathon only for women. Worked there with Poon, Paul, Lex, Jen, Pin Pin and OH Jek Yew. First day was 11am-9pm, basically just giving out the runner's number tag and Nike shirts to the people who have registered. Apparently there were over 6000 registrants so we were not short on work to do. It was simple work actually, kinda like customer service which I did at Causeway point the other time.

The ass wrenching part was when we ran out of XL and L sizes and eventually M sizes for the Nike Shirt. Nike decided to order via estimates from last year's run instead of getting the confirmation of sizes from the participants. As a result, they ordered a lot of S size shirts as well as M. Unfortunately, most of the participants belong to the XXL category(and some even XXXL category). So yup, a lot of people were kicking up a fuss about not getting their size etc. It was interesting in a way, you get to see many different customer reactions. We all had different ways of handling the problem. Paul used his Sorry sorry sorry tatic, Lex used tatics to shock the customers("you thought ah!?") while Jen just crouched down behind the counter whenever a bigger sized customer customer was next in line, so that they would go to the next counter person.

2nd day was just plain busy and tiring, giving out of the goodie bags. The queue just never ceased and by the time it finally did end, all our arms were aching and we were just as sweaty as the marathon runners. Worst part was we had to report at Marina Square at 7am but all of us went back home late the previous night, each for their own reasons. Me, I went to meet Hazwan at his workplace(Tiet Jamming Studio) at Outram to get my guitar which he very kindly helped me restring(a string broke) and partially tune. With the Jamming Studio more or less to ourselves we fiddled around with the equipments, basically the drums and the electric guitar. Eventually got home at around 2+. Anyway cause of the lack of sleep and the work, I was completely knocked out once my head touched my pillow today. Its been a long time since I slept that well.......

But hey, the pay's good. $80 bucks per day, working with friends and with exotic Jillian for eye candy to distract me from the mainly male population at the counter so its all good........ hahaha.....

I really needed the money though. My finances have been in the red since August so this can really tide me over till at least the end of the month when I get my pay. Though sometimes I spend it too freely huh.....but somethings are just worth spending on........I hope.....

Alrite then, thats all for now, IPP again tomorrow, I hope to be able to watch Ratatouille this week. Wonder if its possible? Haha, will have to check again, but definitely looking forward to that =D



You'll never change what's been and gone
May your smile shine on
Your destiny may keep you warm
Cause all of the stars are fading away
Just try not to worry
You'll see them some day....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

rattatouille!!!!

watched N times le.
A nice one indeed.
get the DVD from Lex if you want.

wahaha....